Fishing in Lenzerheide
«Tight lines» at the Heidsee lake
Fishing licence prices
No 1-day and 2-day tickets will be issued in the first week of the season. Sale of day tickets from 7 June 2021.
- Barbs are not allowed
- Maximum of one treble hook or three single hooks.
- Only one fishing rod per patent
|Day licence||CHF 25.00|
|Two day licence||CHF 45.00|
|Week licence||CHF 110.00|
|Two week licence||CHF 150.00|
|Season licence*||CHF 310.00|
|Season licence youths* (from 12 to 16 years, for non-locals)||CHF 150.00|
Local children and youths from the municipality of Vaz/Obervaz between the ages of 12 and 16 receive the fishing licence for free of charge on presentation of the local identity card.
*Season licences are only issued upon presentation of the SANA or Swiss Sport Fishing Brevet.
The fishing licence can be obtained from the following sales outlets:
- Tourist Information Office Lenzerheide
- Municipality Vaz/Obervaz
- Louis Sport, Lenzerheide
- Adi's Fliegenshop.ch, Haldenstein
- Fishing Products Battaglia, Zizers
- Bruder Sport, Thusis
- Postplatz Kiosk, Valbella
Adults and children from the age of 12 are entitled to obtain a licence. Children under 12 years are allowed to fish with their fishing rod if they use the quota of an adult fishing licence holder or to fish under the guidance of the fisheries' supervisor Beat Kilgus. A complete set of fishing equipment can be rented from the fishing supervisor (P +41 76 510 95 85).
At the water sports centre you will find a bait machine
The fishing regulations of the municipality of Vaz/Obervaz apply. Anything not expressly mentioned in this ordinance is regulated by the cantonal fisheries' ordinance.
Fishing regulations Heidsee lake
Season start: 1 June 2021
Season end: 15 October 2022
Fishing is not allowed between the lake restaurant Forellenstube and the boat rental from 09.30 am - 06.00 pm
Fishing on Lake Heidsee is only allowed with a permit from the municipality of Vaz/Obervaz.
Note: The cantonal fishing licence is not valid for the Heidsee.
- During the first week of the season, no day and two day licences are issued.
- The sale of day licenses starts at the 7 of June 2020.
- The maximum daily catch per patent holder is limited to 4 fish.
- The maximum seasonal catch is limited to 100 fish.
- Carps must be returned alive.
- Fish with the correct length must not be released into the lake.
- No second fishing licence can be acquired for the same day.
- The minimum size for trout is 24 cm, for tench 40 cm.
- Carps must be put back carefully.
Fishing is forbidden on the islands and the entire jetty (except picnic island).
All undersized fish must be carefully removed from the fishing rod with a wet hand and put back into the water immediately and carefully, regardless of their condition.
- The use of a brailer for landing hooked fishes is mandatory.
- Any holding of the fish is prohibited.
- Live bait fish are prohibited.
The completed catch statistics must be deposited in the letterbox at the Seedamm or handed in at the issuing offices within ten days of the expiry of the patent without exception. If the catch statistics are not submitted, a complaint will be filed.
- Fish guts must be deposited in a sealed plastic bag in the waste containers.
- Fish guts must not be disposed of in the lake or in the shore areas.
- The catching of minnows (Bammeli) is only allowed with the Heidsee permit.
- The taking of minnows is prohibited.
- The minnow may not be attached to the fishing hook alive.
After the catch of a fish with the correct length the statistic must be updated immediately.
When fishing, the fisherman must carry the licence and the fishing statistics on him and show them to the supervisors on request
The capture of wild animals for commercial purposes is prohibited under Art. 19 of the Federal Act on the Protection of Nature and Cultural Heritage.