An accident? What now?
Safety on and beside the slopes
Emergency numbers (SOS office): 144
Provide precise information
1. WHERE did it happen?
2. WHAT happened?
3. HOW MANY are injured?
4. WHAT KIND of injuries?
5. WAIT for possible inquiries!
Saftey on and beside the slopes
Please inform yourself in advance about the current level of avalanche risk and the 10 FIS rules and behave and act accordingly. We wish you a pleasant and accident-free snow sports day in Arosa Lenzerheide.
Generally safe conditions.
Mostly favourable conditions. Careful route selection, especially on steep slopes of indicated aspects and altitude zones.
Partially unfavourable conditions. Critical conditions. Experience in the assessment of avalanche danger is required. Steep slopes of indicated aspects and altitude zones should be avoided if possible.
Unfavourable conditions. Extensive experience in the assessment of avalanche danger is required. Remain in moderately steep terrain / heed avalanche run out zones.
5 very high
Highly unfavourable conditions. Avoid open terrain.
Do you know the 10 FIS rules (consider skus.ch)?
- Do not endanger or harm others.
- Control speed level, manner to personal abilities and prevailing conditions.
- Respect the route of the rider ahead.
- Take over other riders with sufficient space.
- Before starting always take a look up and down.
- Only stop at the side lines of the piste and at clearly visible locations.
- Only climb or descend on foot along the side lines of the piste.
- Pay attention to indications and respect the signs.
- Assist in case of accidents and alert the emergency rescue service.
- Witnesses and people involved in accidents must provide personal details.
The ski and rescue service supervises and controls only the marked and open slopes. Outside the mountain railway operating hours, the ski slopes are closed and are not protected against any hazards such as avalanches and snow groomers with cable winches. During the evening events arranged by Arosa and Lenzerheide Bergbahnen (mountain railways) AG, the prescribed routes must not be left. It is not allowed to enter forest protection zones. The slopes are marked on both sides at the edge. In case of reckless behavior (in particular disregard of FIS rules, signals, directives and barriers as well as endangering of third persons) the snow sports ticket can be withdrawn.
The slopes and rescue services of Arosa and Lenzerheide Bergbahnen AG carry out hand-, helicopter-, rock-pipe- and gazex- explosions within the snow sports area during the winter to secure the ski slopes, footpaths and transport facilities. The instructions of the ski and rescue service must be followed strictly. Any responsibility for accidents resulting from the disregard of the safety precautions is rejected.