Summer operations in Arosa Lenzerheide
Today's decision by the Swiss Federal Council provides certainty: the mountain railways of Arosa Lenzerheide will start operating the first lifts on Saturday, 6 June 2020. At the start of the 2020 summer season, guests and locals alike will be able to enjoy a wide range of leisure activities on the Weisshorn in Arosa and the Rothorn, Piz Scalottas and Heidbüel in Lenzerheide. The necessary protective measures will be implemented in accordance with the specifications of Bergbahnen Schweiz.
Day and multi-day tickets for Arosa and Arosa Lenzerheide as well as combination tickets for the Arosa Bear Land can be purchased online. Due to the existing uncertainties, this summer is not «the earlier the better». The same price will always be available. However, take the opportunity to load your SwissPass or Keycard directly and skip the checkout.
- 6 and 7 June 2020: Arosa Weisshorn 1st section. Lenzerheide Gondola Rothorn 1, Tgantieni, Scalottas, Pradaschier chairlifts and Lenzerheide panorama cable car Heidbüel.
- 8 to 10 June 2020: Lenzerheide Gondola Rothorn 1, Tgantieni, Scalottas, Pradaschier chairlifts
- 11 and 12 June 2020: Lenzerheide Gondola Rothorn 1, Tgantieni, Scalottas, Pradaschier chairlifts and Lenzerheide panorama cable car Heidbüel
- 13 June 2020: Arosa: Arosa Weisshorn 1st and 2nd section aerial cableway and Tschuggen Ost chairlift (operates at weekends in good weather). Lenzerheide Gondola Rothorn 1, Tgantieni, Scalottas, Pradaschier chairlifts and Lenzerheide panorama cable car Heidbüel.
The detailed opening hours from 15 June 2020 can be found here.
- 6 and 7 June 2020: Arosa: Restaurant Brüggerstuba. Lenzerheide: mountain restaurant Scharmoin, zBar, Piz Scalottas, Pradaschier.
- 8 to 10 June 2020: Lenzerheide: mountain restaurant Scharmoin, zBar, Piz Scalottas, Pradaschier.
- From 13 June 2020: Arosa: Restaurant Brüggerstuba, 360° panorama restaurant Weisshorngipfel, Alp Arosa (every weekend). Lenzerheide: mountain restaurant Scharmoin, e.g. bar, Piz Scalottas, Pradaschier.
- Arosa: Weekend 6 to 7 June 2020: Arosa Bear Sanctuary, bear mini-golf, bear playground (all at the LAW middle station) as well as bear adventure trail. Open daily from Saturday, 13 June 2020.
- Lenzerheide: from 6 June 2020 Bike Park, Flowtrail Scalottas, Murmelibahn Scharmoin, Wetterwichteweg at the mountain station of the Heidbüel panorama lift, toboggan run Pradaschier as well as Autschli and Globiwanderweg.
In general, the distance rules and hygiene measures of the Confederation apply. In addition to the guest's own responsibility in this respect (e.g. in the waiting areas), further measures have been implemented (extract from the protection concept):
- Guest flows are directed as far as possible so that as few encounters as possible take place.
- In the aerial tramways the capacities are reduced.
- The chairlift Tschuggen-Ost is used for the ascent as relief during peak times.
- The bikes are loaded at the stations by the guests themselves.
- If the distance cannot be maintained (e.g. aerial tramway), we recommend wearing a mask.
- Our employees wear a mask when in contact with guests or a protective screen is fitted (e.g. cash desk).
- Sensitive areas (e.g. toilets and often touched surfaces) are regularly cleaned and disinfected during the day.
- When purchasing tickets, please always pay cashless if possible and buy day/multi-day tickets and combination tickets for the Arosa Bear Sanctuary online.
At this point we would like to thank our guests for their appreciated cooperation!
How we protect ourselves in Arosa Lenzerheide (PDF).
Due to the uncertainty regarding the duration of the precautionary measures adopted, the advance sale 2020/21 will be extended until 31 July 2020.
Dense forests, clear lakes and fresh mountain air: Switzerland as a travel destination offers not only pure nature but also safety and a good health system. The tourist service providers also take special measures to protect their guests and ensure that they have a pleasant stay in Switzerland. The protection concepts of the individual sub-sectors can be found here.
Tourist offers in Arosa and Lenzerheide
All offers from Arosa and Lenzerheide for the mountain summer 2020 can be found on the two portal pages. We look forward to welcoming you soon in Arosa Lenzerheide!