"Willkomma bin ünsch"
A jewel in the canton of Grisons
The Schanfigg valley is described as "small but golden" or "a jewel in the canton of Grisons". This wild mountain valley has kept its original character and cultural features to this day. The Schanfigg is the one of-a-kind holiday and recreation area between Chur, the capital of the Grisons canton, and the world famous holiday resort Arosa.
DRIVING LICENCE FOR MUNICIPAL ROADS
In summer there is a general ban on motor vehicles and motorcycles driving on alpine, goods and forest roads.
Driving permits can now not only be obtained from the municipality, but from this year also via SMS or App e24. The instructions can also be found on the respective driving ban boards, in the notice boxes and at the points of sale.
Farm shops in the Schanfigg
In the valley you will find various small farm shops and local village grocery stores. Here you will find homemade dishes made by local farmers and agriculturalists.The family businesses look forward to your culinary excursion to the Schanfigg valley.
- Sunnarüti (Fam. Sprecher)
- Langwies (Rahel und Hans-Peter Margreth)
- Peist, Hof Alad (Peter Andreas "Paidi" Jäger)
- Peist (Simon und Corina Jäger)
- Pagig, Pudanal (Fam. Gredig)
- Pagig, Biogarten Schanfigg (Hanspeter Mohler, Evie Sprecher)
- Castiel, Oberdorf (Manuela & Rico Deflorin)
- Castiel, Oberdorf (Hans-Andrea Patt)
- Castiel, Passuna (Fam. Hemmi)
- Maladers, Schafhof (Fam. Caflisch)
- Local village grocery stores in Langwies, Peist and St. Peter
- Direct sale from farms in the whole Schanfigg valley
Tipp for the summer
In summer you can use the Arosa Card to use the Rhaetian Railway from Arosa to Lüen and back free of charge.
During the winter and the summer season there are plenty of happenings in Arosa! The mountains, the village and the lake offer unlimited options. Browse through the numerous topics and find your favourite activity.