Fishing at Heidsee in Lenzerheide
Roland Arena in Lantsch/Lenz
Information about fishing at Heidsee
Do you want to go fishing in the Heidsee? Then you need a fishing licence. Would you like to try fishing as a group or with your school class? We also have the right solution for you.
Due to events, the following restrictions will apply during the first weeks of 2 to 12 June 2023:
2 to 4 June 2023 due to the Classic Car the following car parks and roads will be closed:
- Lakeside restaurant car park
- Julier car park
- Main road
- From the Seedamm (yellow house) to the Rothorn subway, fishing and walking on the path is prohibited from 7.15 a.m. to 6 p.m.
5 to 12 June 2023 due to the Bike World Cup the following car parks and roads are closed:
- Julier car park
- Rothorn car park
- Seerestaurant car park
- Main road
You can buy day tickets from 8 June 2022.
- Barbs are not allowed
- Maximum of one treble hook or three single hooks.
- Fishing is only allowed with one fishing rod
|Day licence||CHF 25.00|
|Two day licence||CHF 45.00|
|Week licence||CHF 110.00|
|Two week licence||CHF 150.00|
|Season licence*||CHF 310.00|
|Season licence youths*
(from 12 to 16 years,
Local children and youths from the municipality of Vaz/Obervaz between the ages of 12 and 16 receive the fishing licence for free of charge on presentation of the local identity card.
*Season licences are only issued upon presentation of the SANA or Swiss Sport Fishing Brevet.
The cantonal fishing licence is not valid in Lake Heidsee. Fishing licences for the lake Heidsee can be obtained from the following points of sale:
- Tourist Information Office Lenzerheide
- Municipality Vaz/Obervaz
- Allmountain Sports Lenzerheide
- Adi's Fliegenshop.ch, Haldenstein
- Fishing Products Battaglia, Zizers and Chur
- Bruder Sport, Thusis
- Postplatz Kiosk, Valbella
- Hotel Seehof, Valbella
- Handslaget, Masanserstrasse 27, Chur
Adults and children from the age of 12 are entitled to obtain a licence. Children under 12 years are allowed to fish with their fishing rod if they use the quota of an adult fishing licence holder or to fish under the guidance of the fisheries' supervisor, Beat Kilgus. A complete set of fishing equipment can be rented from the fishing supervisor (P +41 76 510 95 85).
At the water sports centre you will find a bait machine
The fishing regulations of the municipality of Vaz/Obervaz apply. Anything not expressly mentioned in this ordinance is regulated by the cantonal fisheries' ordinance.
Fishing for schools and groups
It's easier to do it together. Learn the craft of fishing as a school class or group.
Fishing supervisor Beat Kilgus is excited to meet your school class or group.
Fishing regulations lake Heidsee
The cantonal fishing licence is not valid for the lake Heidsee.
Season start: 1 June 2023
Weekly and season tickets, day ticket sales from 8 June 2023
End of season: 25 October 2023
- Until 14 August 2023, fishing will be limited from 5.00 am to 20.00 pm.
- From 15 August to 15 September 2023 fishing will be limited from 6.00 am to 9.00 pm.
- From 16 September to 25 October 2023, fishing will be restricted from 7.00 am to 20.00 pm.
Fishing on Lake Heidsee is only allowed with a permit from the municipality of Vaz/Obervaz.
Note: The cantonal fishing licence is not valid for the Heidsee.
- During the first week of the season, no day and two day licences are issued.
- The sale of day licences starts at the 8 June 2023.
- The maximum daily catch per patent holder is limited to 4 fish.
- The maximum seasonal catch is limited to 100 fish.
- Carp must be put back immediately and gently.
- Fish with the correct length must not be released into the lake.
- No second fishing licence can be acquired for the same day.
- The minimum size for trout is 24 cm, for tench 40 cm.
- Carps must be put back carefully.
Fishing is forbidden on the islands and the entire jetty (except picnic island).
All undersized fish shall be carefully detached from the line with a wet hand ( or cut off ) and immediately and gently reintroduced into the water, regardless of their condition.
- The use of a brailer for landing hooked fishes is mandatory.
- Any holding of the fish is prohibited.
- Live bait fish are prohibited.
The completed catch statistics must be deposited in the letterbox at the Seedamm or handed in at the issuing offices within ten days of the expiry of the patent without exception. If the catch statistics are not submitted, a complaint will be filed.
- Fish guts must be deposited in a sealed plastic bag in the waste containers.
- Fish guts must not be disposed of in the lake or in the shore areas.
- The catching of minnows (Bammeli) is only allowed with the Heidsee permit.
- The taking of minnows is prohibited.
- The minnow may not be attached to the fishing hook alive.
After the catch of a fish with the correct length the statistic must be updated immediately.
When fishing, fishermen shall carry their licence and the statistics kept on them and present them to the supervisors without being asked to do so.
The capture of wild animals for commercial purposes is prohibited under Art. 19 of the Federal Act on the Protection of Nature and Cultural Heritage.
If fish poisoning is suspected, the holder of the fishing licence must immediately report the incident to the fisheries' inspector of the municipality of Vaz/Obervaz, Beat Kilgus (P +41 76 510 95 85) or the municipal police (P +41 81 385 21 04).