Night hiking: Grisons by Night
Have you ever thought about going hiking in the moonlight instead of sunshine? At night, the hiking trails are all yours and even a walk in the familiar terrain becomes an adventure in the dark.
From 1 to 30 September, the Grisons hiking trails offer a night walk every night at a different location in the canton: from the two-hour tour in flat terrain to the four-hour summit ascent - in Lenzerheide too, of course.
Reaching the summit at dawn
Little in the mountains is more magical than the moment when the first sun rays find their way over the peaks and warm your face. For this experience this guided hike starts in the middle of the night. As one climbs towards Piz Scalottas, dusk slowly sets in and one stands on the summit just in time for daybreak. While the sunrise depends on the weather, the summit breakfast is guaranteed in the mountain restaurant Piz Scalottas.
Key facts of the tour
- Meeting point: Fadail car park, Lenzerheide
- Duration: 2.45 to about 10.30 am
- Walking time to the summit at night: about 4.00 h
- Walking time back to the valley during the day: around 2.00 h (alternatively, you can take the chairlift back to the valley from 9.15 h)
- Distance: 12 km
- difference in altitude: +827 m / -827 m
- Thursday, September 3, 2020
- Wednesday, 9 September 2020
- Tuesday, 15 September 2020
- Monday, 21 September 2020
- Sunday, 27 September 2020